OWLS was formed in 1986. Its objects include:
- to work for the equal opportunity and advancement of women in the study and practice of law;
- to work for reform of the law and its administration, and for the advancement of social policy, particularly as it affects women and children;
- to promote the use of women’s skills in law.
We also celebrate and encourage women in the practice of law and hold regular social and educational events. We also provide a support network for women during their study and practice of law.
All women who are law students, law clerks, working as legal executives, who hold a degree in law and women who have been admitted to the Bar, are eligible to join.
OWLS memberships for 2022 are now open. To become a member please fill in and return the 2021 membership form (as provided below) to us so we can add you to our membership list.
2022 Membership Prices
- A full membership is $50.00
- Membership for unwaged/out of town/part-time practitioners and students is $25.00
You can pay by internet banking (the details of which are contained on the application form)
* Please email your completed membership form to: email@example.com